Saturday, March 9, 2013

A Moment of Gratitude

It's days like today that make me really appreciate the simple things.  The weather was absolutely gorgeous, I spent time with my elderly uncle (learned a new tidbit of family history) and was able to grill some steaks outside.  This is what life in Florida is all about.  Too bad it doesn't last very long!  Just last night, I was sitting on the back deck, bundled up against the chilly air and reading on my Kindle, enjoying the quiet that follows a busy day.  I happened to look up and saw the inside of my house - all lit up and, at that instant, neat and tidy -  and from that vantage point, I was struck by how fortunate I am.  Despite its problems (plumbing and roof leaks to name just two), it really is a great house.  When I think of how different my life would be if just one thing in my past had been different, it makes me so very grateful for the way my life has turned out.  Sure, there have been some really tough times and it could always be better, but I think I'll just appreciate what I have right now.

Here's a card (inspired from one I saw on Pinterest) that I made for a recent class.    It pretty much sums up this whole post.  The inside of the card reads:  ...for one day you'll look back and realize they were the big things. 'Nuff said!

Smiles, Caron

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...