Monday, January 21, 2013

The party's over...

Well, my birthday is officially over.  I celebrated for a week!  The family took me out to dinner at an Irish restaurant where I dined on Drunken Chicken and Irish bread pudding.  Yum!  Then we had a cake at home where I received these two presents:
 I think the candy dispenser is the perfect toy for my office and I'm thrilled to have a KitchenAid mixer - something I thought I'd never own.  Now I can feel like a professional baker when I make my cupcakes!

At work I had a nice celebration with the ladies in my office only to be shocked later on to have a surprise party with everyone else in the department.  How they managed to sneak into the main office and stay quiet until it was time is a mystery to me!  They are not known for indoor voices LOL!

The rest of the week was fun as well since I decided the birthday girl shouldn't have to cook.  I ate out several times.  Then my sister and I went to see Les Miserables.  It was a great ending to a great week!  And now it's back to the usual daily grind but that's okay.  All that celebrating did nothing for the numbers on my scale.  Gotta get back on the treadmill!

I'll be posting pictures of the cards we made for our January classes this month so stay tuned!

Smiles, Caron

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...