Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Brayered Background



I saw a card like this on (where else) Pinterest and decided it would be a good one to try my hand at brayering the background.  I've seen some amazing cards using this technique, let me tell you!  Anyway, first I punched a small circle out of a sticky note and placed it where I thought the sun might be as it was setting.  Then I inked my brayer with goldrush and lightly rolled it over the entire piece of colonial white cardstock.  Next I inked the brayer in some sunset ink and rolled again but just from the middle down to the bottom.  Lastly, I inked it one more time in autumn terracotta (no need to wash between colors as long as you go from light to dark) and worked that really well at the bottom.  A little bit of sponging around the edges and I was ready to finish the piece.  I removed the circle mask and stamped my tree in black.  Voila!  It reminds me of sunset on the savannah (hey, I've seen the Lion King!).  The tree is from D1543 Country Born.

Smiles, Caron

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...