Friday, September 20, 2013

Getting "Pin-spired"

I admit it.  I'm a Pinterest addict.  I can skip around for hours getting all kinds of craft ideas, scrapbook layout designs, cupcake recipes, crochet patterns...you name it, I pin it!  If I were to actually attempt to create all that I pin, I would never do anything else.  I think it's more of a wish list than it is a to-do list but I have actually done a few of the things I've pinned, so there's that.  As usual, I get a lot of inspiration for making my cards at this site.  Why reinvent the wheel when you can simply add your own special twist?  Here's a card where I did just that.

I used D1550 Happy Autumn for the rose and leaves and D1510 For My Friend for the sentiment.  That small piece of striped paper is from the Babycakes paper pack and I added a touch of glitter with our Bronze shimmer trim.  The rose was inked in honey, rolled generously in goldrush and then rolled slightly in autumn terracotta.  I then added even more dimension by using a colored pencil.  I think it turned out quite pretty!

Smiles, Caron
PS:  By the way, if you click on the words in blue (hyperlinks), it will take you directly to that page of my online store where you can see the complete description and price.  Sure beats looking it up in the idea book!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...