Saturday, September 29, 2012

It's a Mask-erade


Here's another card idea that I saw on Pinterest.  I loved the technique but of course didn't have any of the stamps the original artist used so I got out my book of stamp images and searched for those I thought would work.  This is actually four different stamp sets, proving that you can mix and match to your heart's content!  The first step is to mask off the portions of your cardstock that you want to leave blank.  In this case, I masked off the bottom 1" and the top 2" of the white cardstock (post it notes are great for this).  I sponged Sweet Leaf ink all over the part that wasn't covered, daubed it a bit with some Cashmere ink, then stamped all the black images that you see.  After that I removed the masks and continued with the happy birthday and the roses.  It looks tricky but it's so easy!

Smiles, Caron

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...