Thursday, September 20, 2012

Thrifty Thursday


Take a look at the card above and see if you can tell why it's a thrifty one.  Give up?  It's made with scraps and it comes together in no time which means I save not only time but money as well!  I saw the design on Pinterest (my favorite spot for inspiration) and knew that I wanted to recreate it with my own spin.  It's a very simple design but figuring out how to not only make this card but also how to stretch my supplies so my customers could make it in class...now, there's where I had trouble since I've had to be very strict with my spending of late so my supply is limited.  Then I came across my pack of Pemberley papers.  I had a bunch of pieces left over from other projects and I realized that most of them were just big enough for the flower and the squares.  A snip here, a snip there, careful placement of my Cricut blade and voila!  I was able to stretch those little bits to create 17 more cards just like it.  I felt like I had squeezed every last ounce of usefulness out of my paper and it was awesome!

The moral of this little story is to save your scraps!  You never know when that little 1 inch square will be the perfect touch for a work of art :o)


Smiles, Caron




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...