Friday, May 3, 2013

Time Flies?

How can it be a whole month since my last post?!  Where did all those days go?  I could understand it if my life had been full of adventures and excitement but really, all I did was go to work, clean my house and do chores.  Not so snappy!

Anyway, here I am with some cards that I created for my last couple of classes.  I get a ton of inspiration from Pinterest, whether it's a color combination, a card design or a specific technique.  Sometimes I try to copy exactly but end up putting my own spin on the project.  That's what I love about this craft - it's open for interpretation.

So, here are the cards I've made:


This technique is triple layer stamping.  I stacked the white pieces on top of each other and stamped the images over all three.  It does create a bit of a gap between the pieces but once you layer the green cardstock in there, it's covered up.  Cool!

Isn't this little starfish cute?  He had a saying underneath him but I didn't want to use it.  Thanks to the wonder of acrylic stamps, I was able to cut it off and save it for other uses.  A lot of sanding and sponging went into this card.  The little bit of burlap ribbon adds just the right touch.

I love black and white with pops of color!  The little squares here were sponged with three different colors and then stamped in black.  Pop!  A bit of black tulle ribbon, a crocheted flower and voila!

LOVE this color combo!  Since our CTMH cardstock has a white core, it can sometimes be difficult to dry emboss it without that showing through.  So, I just added a second layer of cardstock when running it through the machine which prevented that from happening.  There's ALWAYS a solution!  The sentiment came from an exclusive stamp set we received at convention when we went to Disneyworld.  I am a fanatic huge fan!

Such a bright spring-time card!  I had a bunch of scraps of the B&T and was able to create these great stripes on the front.  Clean and simple, just the way I like it.

Smiles, Caron


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...